ATTENTION: No guided lessons like in other yoga styles !!! Please read the description carefully!
The Ashtanga Yoga System consists of several series, each of which includes a defined sequence of positions. It is traditionally taught in the so-called "Mysore Style". The participants get to know the series piece by piece through the teachers individual instructions so that they can advance at their own pace and therefore optimally develop their potential. The method is conveyed through verbal announcements as well as assistance. In this way we can adjust the positions for your body, so that a balance of challenge and feasibility is created.
In order to enable this type of teaching, this course is specially adjusted to a smaller number of participants.
The start of the yoga practice can be organized flexibly between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. The ending can vary accordingly.
Who is the course for?
In principle, the course is open to everyone. However, the teaching method is particularly valuable if:
- the level in other yoga classes is either too easy or too difficult for you, because we work within the scope of your options
- you want to establish your own yoga practice
- you prefer to practice in your own breathing rhythm
- there are restrictions in the body, e.g. due to older injuries
- You should be ready to come to the course every week
- it would be nice if you tried to practice at home at least once a week
- Previous knowledge in Yoga / Ashtanga Yoga is not necessary, but it is an advantage
Katarina Tauber is a yoga teacher, has a PhD in physics and loves creative projects of all kinds. Since the beginning of 2013 she has practiced Ashtanga yoga almost daily and has been teaching it for over three years. She completed her first yoga teacher training (200 h) with Andreas Loh in 2014 in Berlin. Immediately afterwards she became self-employed as a yoga teacher in Halle. She is currently in the final phase of her 500-hour training with Dr. Ronald Steiner, with whom she has worked several times as a substitute teacher.
Educational goals: improvement of body and breathing perception, improvement of flexibility, perception and balance of tension, stress relief, working out a correct posture.
ATTENTION: Please bring comfortable clothes, warm socks and a blanket or towel!